FX switch for mixer

nousername

• Members

During yet another read through of the manual for my Allen & Heath ZED10 FX, I saw there is a 1/4" jack that when wired correctly will disable effects. For in between songs. Since I have zero ability in this field, I found a local guy who is going to make me one. From scratch! Metal chassis, single button, red LED, TRS jack, custom paint job. He wants $40. I like the custom aspect most of all.

The big issue is deciding on momentary (so it's not left on by accident, thus no effects after the next song starts), or locking, which would require pressing the buttomn again. Also a step that could be overlooked. I'm leaning toward locking and hoping the LED being lit up when effects are OFF will be enough of a reminder.

Can't wait!

• Members

The switch is likely an spst switch, the same ones used on guitar amps you can buy for $10 on ebay.  Making one from scratch costs more when you add up the individual parts. I dont understand why you like the idea of spending more for something especially when you can buy something superior for chump change, but so long as it works you're OK.

You can put a momentary and a toggel together if you want and use one or the other. Chances are you wont want to be using it during a song so a toggel switch is all you need. you can always toggel it on and off as needed. Holding down a momentay switch with a foot doesnt get much use in comparison.

Archived