Mexican Martins...........

spruce goose

• Members

No worries, mate. The way my muscles interacted with the guitar influenced the way it sounded. I had a better "groove" going on with the CX than with the 2k. I think most people would agree that it sounded better in my hands.

As for the re-sale.. Again, I'm not sure.. If you buy a 2k Martin, you would sell it for 1.7k or less, even if it's mint. So you'd lose 300. You could probably sell a mint 700 lam for 500, and lose only 200. The percentage loss would be greater with the 700, but the actual monetary loss would be greater with the 2k.

A point well taken, although I'm not convinced you could get that much for a used lam. I am still of the opinion that an all wood guitar will retain more of its value than a lam guitar and will retain that value longer, but I am sure there are numerous scenarios where you would probably be right.

• Members

A point well taken, although I'm not convinced you could get that much for a used lam. I am still of the opinion that an all wood guitar will retain more of its value than a lam guitar and will retain that value longer, but I am sure there are numerous scenarios where you would probably be right.

Yeah, actually 1.7 is too high for a used 2k. What was I thinking? You'd be lucky to get 1.6, and will probably only get 1.5. The lam might get you 400. Heck, I'd pay 400 for a lam if the sound was good. And if I ever wanted to sell it later on, it'd go for 380. Hence I prefer used ones....

Archived