Any good guitar techs in NYC?

spruce goose

• Members

Thx. Yeah, I've heard good things about Rudy's. I don't know how much a set-up / shaving the saddle would cost, but I presume around 100ish..? Maybe I'll change the strings first (in a few days), just for the heck of it, and then (after a few more days) have it set up.

• Members

Thx. Yeah, I've heard good things about Rudy's. I don't know how much a set-up / shaving the saddle would cost, but I presume around 100ish..? Maybe I'll change the strings first (in a few days), just for the heck of it, and then (after a few more days) have it set up.

I would gess you're in the ballpark. Best thing is to give them a call and get a rough quote. They won't try to take you for a ride - will just do exactly what you work out with them. The setup they did on my lowly Marty D-1 turned it into a different guitar.

There is also a guy somewhere on the UWS (would post his link, but at the moment I'm having some weird pc issue that won't let me double-open), name is Evan Gluck - Google NY Guitar Repair. He's a single-dude shop, has pretty low prices for NYC, which are posted on his site. I've never taken a guitar to him, but he has a well put-together site and I've crossed paths with him on one or two building sites, exchanged one or two emails. Seems like a nice guy.

Edit: Here's the link.

http://www.newyorkguitarrepair.com/

• Members

There is also a guy somewhere on the UWS (would post his link, but at the moment I'm having some weird pc issue that won't let me double-open), name is Evan Gluck - Google
NY Guitar Repair
. He's a single-dude shop, has pretty low prices for NYC, which are posted on his site. I've never taken a guitar to him, but he has a well put-together site and I've crossed paths with him on one or two building sites, exchanged one or two emails. Seems like a nice guy.

Edit: Here's the link.

Done. 50 bucks. Nice guy. Showed me what he was doing. I asked questions, he replied. I learned a bit about acoustic guitar set-ups, and my guitar sounds and plays better now. The action is lower, and the buzzing is gone.

I'd recommend him.

Archived