OM-21 at Age 3...Really Nice

nylon rock

• Members

I put new J. Pearse PB Lights on a week and a half ago and a day later found that the guitar had reached yet another opening up plateau.

Playing notes around the 12th fret had been sounding really good for some time but now this resonant section has migrated all the way down to the 7th fret.

The phenomenon is a raw, wild sort of tonal combination that I notice on the high E and B strings. They kick in with some sort of over drive, it is unexpected, and I can't help but think that the guitar has risen to a new level rather than believe that my playing has reached a new height.

Energetic comes to mine.

It is like you go to do a flying big bend on a string, and there is a dynamic, that makes everything work together a little more than usual, and next thing you know, you're piling on technique because you want to keep it all going just a little longer because it sounds so amazing.

So what is a flying big bend? (coined it myself...just now, someday Wikipedia, look out) It is where you just don't do a bend, but instead you leap to the bending fret from somewhere else and everything is a little out of control as you execute.

Archived