For Beginners - free lessons

Amanda-Jane

• Members

I have found a very helpful website. You can see the videos on youtube as well, but this Justin fellow has an entire website. I have been watching all the lessons.

It is a very straight forward lesson. Some lessons I found the people are talking "at you" and bad acting..lol

But these videos are great! Especially for those of us that are so new that we don't even own the guitar yet..haha!

Here is the link

http://www.justinguitar.com/html/beginners.html

There is alot more than just absolute beginner stuff on there too. I hope you find it as informative as I am. I am sure it doesnt replace the teaching you get from a real live person.. but adds to it.

Amanda

• Members

There's all kinds of stuff on the internet - youtube especially - that is useful. I wish I had such resources available back when they were inventing dirt. Take what you like and learn from it. I agree nothing beats 1-on-1 with a good instructor but augumenting doesn't hurt.

Dang, slipped passed my limit.

• Members

Absolutely Cripes!

I wouldn't suggest replacing one on one tutoring....

I have had the experience with that (on other instruments) and wouldn't trade it for anything. I'll be getting my guitar soon enough, and plan on calling up the one of the greatest guitar player.. in South western Ontario. Perhaps you heard of him

- Earl Filsinger?

After getting some great advice from others on this forum- I decided the best place to get a guitar is from an expert, and teacher. I think its going to be worth the extra drive I would have to do in order to learn from one of the best.

I just think its a great resource... learn your lessons with the teacher.. then come home- practice.. while watching online to keep reminding you of what you just learned at your lesson...

When you think.."how was that again?".. you can go look it up..

Archived