For all the Guild fans.

T.B.

• Members
I hope I see it on an airport newstand when I fly back tomorrow.

I'd never heard that none of the Westerly people would move.

Interesting. Glad some of the custom shop people made the move

though.

tacomafactory_team_photo_01.jpg

That's the current crew in Tacoma.

I can't recall the issue or the year, but Acoustic Guitar Magazine did a story soon after Corona Guild plant opened. In that article they mentioned none of Westerly folks made the "trip" to Cali. In that same article AG thought is was a non-issue that none of the Westerly personal made the move out West. :rolleyes: To be fair: I know the building/machinery at Westerly was antiquated, they had quality control issue also, and folks complained about Guild acoustic guitars being overbuilt. I'm just glad the brand is still here. My main concern was whether the Guild "sound" was going to changed. The Tacoma models and the GAD series guitars I've played, I would say absolutely not! I can only hope Fender can build up the brand and as the article said, get Guilds in the hands of artist/musicians. Like are not sales of Martin, Taylor, and Gibson are helped when well or not so well known singers/musicians play their respective guitars.. It's the cool factor.

Trina

• Members

I don't think Guild will have a problem competing with Martin or Gibson. The price/value differential is built-in. A D-18 starts at around $3100 new. A D-55 starts at $2k new. Which guitar offers the best value?

The big question I have - is can Guild Tacoma compete with Guild GAD?

The danger is that all production shifts to China. The GADs are here to stay. And the sound quality is first-rate.

Archived