12 string in every key

Freeman Keller

• Members

Ahhh, I really want to hear what he does with some of those keys but I can't get the clips to play. It says MP3 downloads are disabled. Streams don't seem to be working either.

Thanks for sharing this link Freeman. Do you own this album?

They worked just fine for me - I clicked each of the song titles and it launched Win Media player and played away. The "play all tracks" seemed to work too.

Not yet LOL but I will shortly.

• Members

They worked just fine for me - I clicked each of the song titles and it launched Win Media player and played away. The "play all tracks" seemed to work too.

Not yet LOL but I will shortly.

Hmm, I never had trouble with CDBaby clips before. I just installed the latest iTunes and QuickTime yesterday, maybe that's the issue. I'll seek out a Windows machine...

• Members

Hmm, I never had trouble with CDBaby clips before. I just installed the latest iTunes and QuickTime yesterday, maybe that's the issue. I'll seek out a Windows machine...

I'm sitting here listening as I eat my lunch. Each piece plays about halfway thru. I'm definitely ordering the cd - this is just way too cool.

Didn't JS Bach do this a few hundred years ago for harpsichord?

• Members

You might be thinking of Bach's Well-Tempered Clavier -- a set of pieces that covered the 12 major keys as well as 12 minor. Chopin also wrote a set of piano preludes in all the major and minor keys. Hindemith wrote an interesting piece of music called Ludus Tonalis, 12 pieces in all the major keys with 11 interludes in between -- and the ending is the beginning played upside down and backwards!

I once tried to arrange the Twelve Days of Christmas so that each verse would modulate to a different key. It was a horrible disaster that no one could sing.

I think I might just buy this CD without hearing it, just because of the composer's interesting ideas about using open strings.

• Members

You might be thinking of Bach's Well-Tempered Clavier -- a set of pieces that covered the 12 major keys as well as 12 minor.

I think I might just buy this CD without hearing it, just because of the composer's interesting ideas about using open strings.

Yep, that's the one. As I recall it was some sort of experiment on "tempering" each of the 12 notes so it would be possible to play in every key, the classic delima that we as guitarists face.

Not only did I order it, I threw his other 12 string cd in too. But then I'm a junkie.

• Members

Thanks, Dad!!
;)

A quick listen to part of one clip was all it took to get me to bookmark the site so I can order the CD on payday. Can't wait to hear the whole thing.

You're not the only 12-string junkie around here.
:D

The turn on to that site was my friend (and sometime poster) Eppito who lives in New Orleans, plays a Seagull S12+ (and has written some incredible songs with it regarding Katrina) and I'm trying my darnest to get a couple of his clips up at the Annex.

• Members

The turn on to that site was my friend (and sometime poster) Eppito who lives in New Orleans, plays a Seagull S12+ (and has written some incredible songs with it regarding Katrina) and I'm trying my darnest to get a couple of his clips up at the Annex.

Oh, yes!! I have yet to hear "TJ's Flute" and you told me it's beautiful.

He sent me some great links to flute-git music, then when this 'puter started acting up, I lost a bunch of saved email addresses, including his. :cry:

Archived