How to make a piezzo (RMC) sound natural

MikeEdge

• Members

This is not a question dealing with acoustic guitars but I though you guys might help me, anyway. I'm using Godin xtSA 3-voice guitar with piezzo bridge/preamp (RMC). I wonder what is the best way to make it sound less "piezzo" and closer to faking an acoustic sound... I have little knowledge of new acoustic preamps and stuff like that. I can see Yamaha AG stomp might do the trick but it's discontinued (that one could be controlled via MIDI which is absolutely amazing). Thanks for your suggestions!

• Members

I think you are kind of stuck. I mean the pickup will always sound the same.

But you might try the boss 7 band eq pedal, and maybe a chorus pedal might help. A little bit of chorus can really fill out your sound.

Boss also has a acoustic stompbox to make electric guitars sound like acoustics. It works very good at that so it might work for an acoustic as well.

good luck.

• Members

A piezo is tough to get sound natural-ish, and the RMC can be particularly harsh in my experience. On the other hand, many people like them for the even response and feedback rejection. I would consider getting some serious EQ, parametric is probably better, I

• Members

Thanks for your comments so far! Have you heard what AG Stomp by Yamaha does to the piezzo sounds? Do you think that one could be useful?
Crab cake: I don't want to turn the magnetic pickup sounds to acoustic-like - it's the piezzo signal I'm speaking about...

Archived