Martin 000CXEBLACK

Khronos

• Members

I've played one and seen one and I wasn't impressed by it's acoustic tone. Plugged in it was okay. But it wouldn't be my first choice for a knock-around guitar in that price range.

Part of the reason the sound is lackluster is that it's high pressure laminate all around. Now that's not necessarily a bad thing, but for how cheap makers are putting solid wood tops on their guitars these days, I wouldn't personally really want an all-laminate guitar if I'm already paying $700. If I wanted a laminate I could spend a lot less.

Ellen

• Members

I have a 00016RGT that I love, but I wouldn't mind getting a 000CXEBLACK as a knock around guitar. Has anyone got one, played one, seen one?

I have played 'em, and I like 'em--plugged in. Unplugged they're mediocre-sounding, because of the material and maybe also the rather slender body. But I love the stratabond neck--a very pleasant-playing guitar. Not a "knock-around" for me, though, because that would imply a guitar I would often play unplugged. There's many way-better sounding guitars, that are cheaper, for unplugged sound.

Archived