Planet Waves Acoustic Guitar Humidifier

matt28

• Members

I just purchased a Planet Waves Acoustic Guitar Humidifier for my Ibanez AEG20E Acoustic-Electric.. I've never bought or used a humidifier before so I have no prior experience. The picture on the front of the box of the humidifier shows somebody putting the humidifier inbetween the D and G strings over the soundhole of the guitar. When I do this on my guitar, the humidifier stretches the D and G strings apart a significant amount. Is this okay? Am I putting it in right?

Thanks,

Matt

• Members

I just got one yesterday. From what I can see it does clip onto the D and G strings. I don't think it's going to do any damage, after all you can bend the strings while playing.

But I am open to other forumites input.

• Members

I have one..if you put in between the strings gently it won't cause any damage. What I don't get is the distilled water part...like I just used tap water. Was this the wrong thing to do? I am certainly not gonna hop on my bike and ride to the hardware store to BUY distilled water...:lol:

• Members

I have one..if you put in between the strings gently it won't cause any damage. What I don't get is the distilled water part...like I just used tap water. Was this the wrong thing to do? I am certainly not gonna hop on my bike and ride to the hardware store to BUY distilled water...
:lol:

It says on the box that you should use distilled water instead of tap water because tapwater has minerals that "prematurely ruin the sponge". It doesn't sound like a big deal to me.

• Members

I just got one yesterday. From what I can see it does clip onto the D and G strings. I don't think it's going to do any damage, after all you can bend the strings while playing.

But I am open to other forumites input.

I have one but don't use it anymore. I started breaking strings at the saddle left and right... it's possible that the repetitive bending to the left and right wore a sharp spot on the saddle. After discontinuing use and sanding the saddle back smooth I haven't broken any since.

Not a scientific study by any means, but if it is possibly caused by the planet waves humidifier, I'm happy to just use a sponge in a baggie with holes for a humidifier now.

-A

• Members

I just bought one with my new acoustic, and when I put it in my guitar between the strings they stretched out like an inch apart and I was like "I don't think so.."... I have a ziz wheel at work with a really thin blade. So I cut grooves all the way across the top were the original grooves were so the strings might sit deeper in it... I can't believe the design on it.. crazy... I'll post if it works..

Archived