Flamenco guitar documentary! woo hooo

KovachianOne

• Members

I dunno if anyone else here is into flamenco, but if you are, there's soon going to be a 2 hour documentary about the construction of a flamenco guitar made by Anders Eliasson. It hasn't actually been released yet, but it's supposed to be available real soon. I for one am enamored with watching the birth of old-school handmade instruments, and the fact that there's a whole freakin' movie covering it, is icing on the cake! :thu:

Click on the pic to see the trailer.

ki19941us4.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Members
Cool...

Although I have to admit I was disappointed to see it'd be about the guitar-building rather about the art of playing flamenco guitar.

Why bother? There's already plenty of videos about that. This however is the first film dedicated to the art of building a flamenco guitar.

• Members
Why bother? There's already plenty of videos about that. This however is the first film dedicated to the art of building a flamenco guitar.

Oh, no, no complaint at all, sorry.

It's just that sometimes, you open a thread expecting something (a documentary on flamenco guitar, that maybe I could watch right now on youtube), and then it's something different that's in there (the news that a documentary on flamenco guitar building is finally out).

It definitely IS a cool project, don't get me wrong.

:thu:

• Members

I like really fast flamenco that makes me feel like a mexican bandit riding my horse, racing across the desert to save some hot mexican chick name Rosalita from the evil El Rondo del Paca. A general in the Mexican army who is corrupt and enslaving the citizens to work in the mines. There is a small resistance of bandits and outlaws, all with a heart of gold, that are trying to perform a coup and get the general out of office. I am one of those bandits, and I want to free my people. Though he is holding Rosalita hostage and I can't make the choice between my woman or my people.

If it doesn't conjure that image in my head, then I am not interested

• Members

I like really fast flamenco that makes me feel like a mexican bandit riding my horse, racing across the desert to save some hot mexican chick name Rosalita from the evil El Rondo del Paca. A general in the Mexican army who is corrupt and enslaving the citizens to work in the mines. There is a small resistance of bandits and outlaws, all with a heart of gold, that are trying to perform a coup and get the general out of office. I am one of those bandits, and I want to free my people. Though he is holding Rosalita hostage and I can't make the choice between my woman or my people.

If it doesn't conjure that image in my head, then I am not interested

Replace the Mexican army with rabid hobbits, and I know exactly what you mean!

• Members

There is quite a lot of flamenco in Mexico, remember Zorro? they played flamenco on that show all the time.

My mom actually goes to Spain every few months for business and brings me back the worst souvenirs. (once she got me a cd of the the top charting songs from the year of my birth 1987 yuk)

But one time she did good and got me a set of those little wooden clam clapper things that the dancers hold in there hands. Very cool.

She brings me Spanish flamenco CDs too, I actually have a little collection going . . . .

Archived