Panama Limited

daklander

• Members

I never get tired of Tom Rush. I find myself looking for his version of "These Days" on a pretty regular basis.

Last time I heard "Panama Limited" I wondered if anybody wrote a train song in the last 10 years. I wasn't coming up with one.

Pat

• Members

Used to see Rush ll the time in New England in the 70s, when I was in college. He was never a superstar, but he was so big in Boston Linda Ronstadt and Jackson Browne used to open for him. He says on his Web page his guitars have been modified some special way. He's a terrific player, singer and writer. I advise everyone to see all his youtube stuff, and buy some of his songs, although some of the albums are overproduced. I prefer just Tom and his guitar, like on this great video from Humphrey's in San Diego. There are a couple of other videos from this concert posted. Must have been a great show.

• Members

Yeah, too true about over produced albums. Kind of like Neil Diamond that way. I would loved to have been at that show. Humphrey's By The Bay is a great venue for those kinds of shows.
One of his albums I really like all the tunes on is the "Merrimack County" album from 1972. One of his better albums, IMO, and re released some years later as one part of a double album.

Archived