Uke build #2 - side linings

melandy

• Members

Great - I like the blog and the uke is coming along nicely.

However I think you have passed the point of no return - you will be a luthier! I liked the bit where you blamed FK for giving in to the new addiction - like a drunk saying his friend bought the first drink...

Take care - looking forward to the clips.

• Members

Wow, thank you for the updates and pics Melandy: It gives all of us who would like or have plans to build a guitar, a better understanding and appreciation of the process. "Kit" or not, this aint like putting a model car/plane together. I look forward to seeing the Uke project through it's completion.

:cool:

• Members
Wow, thank you for the updates and pics Melandy: It gives all of us who would like or have plans to build a guitar a better understanding and appreciation of the process. "Kit" or not this aint like putting a model car/plane together. I look forward to seeing the Uke project through it's completion.

:cool:

Thanks.

I had been wavering on whether I was going to do this or not for quite a while. What tipped the scale was that StewMac has a PDF of the instructions freely available on the website. I was able to look through it and see that there was no particular step that seemed too difficult.

So far it has lived up to that assessment. A little overwhelming when you look at the overall project, but the individual steps are not that bad.

This is very much the kind of project where you want to only worry about the immediate task at hand. For example, right now I'm focusing on getting the sides right and true. I'm not worried about how the neck angle is going to turn out; that's a worry for another day. For me at least, that attitude is critical for this kind of project.

Thanks,
-A

• Members

Great - I like the blog and the uke is coming along nicely.

However I think you have passed the point of no return - you
will
be a luthier! I liked the bit where you blamed FK for giving in to the new addiction - like a drunk saying his friend bought the first drink...

Take care - looking forward to the clips.

Thanks.

Yeah, I think I'm headed that way too. If this turns out well, I think my next project will be a 000. I've got a couple of dreads already and want something different. I'd also like to build a jumbo 12 string slothead someday, but that's a little further over the horizon.

Gotta stop. I'm getting drooley.

-A

Archived