Shill Beater....or Beater Shill????

Harmonycat

• Members

I wanted to tell you all about the great guitar I bought three years ago.

It was made in the Samick Indonesia Plant by a master luthier with no credentials. It is much better than the other guitars made in that plant and sold by Dummy Sucker, or Denny Z@ger or whatever his name was.

I am not sure, but I think that same guy who made those guitars, made mine. I believe his name is Sum Dum Guy. Rumour has it that he once recorded a song called "Case of Beer $25.25".

At least it has solid Sapele back and sides, which makes it a premiere version of the overpriced laminated back and sides product sold for too much money on the Web.

It did not come with a Sleazy Play set up or strings that were too light to produce any volume when fingerpicked.

It is a beautiful example of the run of the mill guitars made in that factory.

I went to the Music Store and played guitars that were three to ten times as much as mine and they were all better. I do not suffer from tinitis or other hearing deficiencies that seems to have some believe that their Samick Indonesia product is anything more than second rate.

I have kept it since the bone saddle that I put on it for $10.00 made it sound pretty good. I now have $220.00 into it including the gig bag. Mine was a Blem.

But I could not resist it, since those Z@ger guitars that Dummy sells for three times as much are not the best guitars made in that plant.

I think I got a great deal on it and I refuse to send it back to them.

Wow....imagine an all solid wood Washburn WD32SW, complete with a gigbag and no pricey Bling Science.

It is one of my beater guitars and loving it either makers me a....Beater Shill or a Shill Beater.:poke:

Everytime one of those Z@GER threads starts again, I am going to cut and paste this into it.

I encourage all of you good Forum people to write a review of your guitar that is better and why.:cop:

Cheers.:lol:

• Members

I payed $350 for my Fender acoustic. The high price probably relates to the fact that it was made in Korea rather than in Indonesia. Since Korea makes big screen TV's and automobiles they can charge more because of their reputation. It has all solid wood - no plywood. The back is mahogany and the top is sitka spruce. It must cost a fortune to get that lumber from Alaska to Korea.

The good thing about the the guitar is that it arrived with the lowest action I've ever encountered on an acoustic. My band-leader nephew said it was the lowest action he had ever seen on an acoustic either. Since he's a punk rocker that's saying something. And it has this low action with 12 ga. strings. Since I bought this guitar about 15 years ago I'm beginning to wonder if perhaps it was the Koreans that invented string science.

The bad news is that, over the years, the joint between the neck and body slipped a little. You can see it in the finish where the two parts of the guitar meet. Now it has an action so low that the guitar produces a new sound that it didn't have before. It is something like the sound strings would make if they slapped against the frets. Perhaps I should take a hammer to the neck - or the whole guitar.

• Members

I wanted to tell you all about the great guitar I bought three years ago.

Everytime one of those Z@GER threads starts again, I am going to cut and paste this into it.

No you didn't want to tell about the great guitar you bought, you wanted to start another "one of those Z@GER threads." Can't you people cut it out?

I've stopped reading any threads with Zager in the title. I'm frankly pissed because you lured me into yet another Zager thread. Before bashing Denny any more, look at yourself in the mirror.

I'm sick of the Zager stuff. I'm particularly sick with the bashers that just can't let it go. If I was forced to respond to a newbie who wanted to know about Zager, I couldn't get my self to waste anymore bandwidth explaining my opinion to him. I'd just say, "do a search on this forum". But then I'd really be doing him a disservice, because he'd die of old age and never learn guitar before reading getting though all the crap that's been written.

Scott O

• Members

No you didn't want to tell about the great guitar you bought, you wanted to start another "one of those Z@GER threads." Can't you people cut it out?

I've stopped reading any threads with Zager in the title. I'm frankly pissed because you lured me into yet another Zager thread. Before bashing Denny any more, look at yourself in the mirror.

I'm sick of the Zager stuff. I'm particularly sick with the bashers that just can't let it go. If I was forced to respond to a newbie who wanted to know about Zager, I couldn't get my self to waste anymore bandwidth explaining my opinion to him. I'd just say, "do a search on this forum". But then I'd really be doing him a disservice, because he'd die of old age and never learn guitar before reading getting though all the crap that's been written.

Scott O

My sentiments exactly.

Everytime I think the subject is put to rest one of the 4 or 5 "Z haters" start it up again.

I get a mental picture of a brain that is miswired and all wires take you to the same little spot there. Stuck in a continual loop to repeat the same old soap operas for all time and eternity.

• Members

Scott O

+1 Get over it people. Bottom line, if people want to buy an overpriced guitar, let them. If they like it then great!!! If not they can return it!!!! DAMN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Archived