There is a crack in my Yamaha F-310.....

spruce goose

• Members

But considering it came with a gigbag, a still-in-the-box KG6S capo, a thingy for stringing, and a sweat unused eraser for $50, and considering the crack doesn't seem to be that bad, or to affect the playability (which is good) or the sound (which is good), I can't really complain.

One thing though is that the high E string buzzes on the third fret (G). This is the only fret that buzzes. Granted, the strings are kinda light, and are not exactly professionally strung, if you know what I mean. Still, the buzz is so specific, that it seems like it will stay there even after I put on some new heavier strings. I dunno. Any suggestions? Just don't tell me to have it set up.. The set-up would cost more than the guitar.....

• Members

Problem is, I just don't have the time to do a real set-up job for the first time. Or maybe I'm too lazy. I forget which one. Either way, I put new 13's on it, and the buzzing is slightly reduced now. I was just wondering if there was an easy fix (though I kinda already knew the answer to that question) for 3rd fret / high E buzzing.

• Members
Problem is, I just don't have the time to do a real set-up job for the first time. Or maybe I'm too lazy. I forget which one. Either way, I put new 13's on it, and the buzzing is slightly reduced now. I was just wondering if there was an easy fix (though I kinda already knew the answer to that question) for 3rd fret / high E buzzing.

Following Dak's advice is the easiest route. :thu:

• Members

Well, I didn't read the Annex, but I did tighten the truss rod a bit (I think that's what I did..), and it's a bit better now (maybe).

Then I fixed it completely (put a capo on the 4th fret).

Sounds pretty good for a 50 buck package..

BTW, I'm not at all into that whole goat thing you guys do. So you don't have to post any goats on this thread just because I got a brand new (albeit used and somewhat cracked) guitar. I don't need to see a goat to feel good about my purchase, so please don't feel compelled to post them. Not even one goat was posted, and I'm fine with that. Fine, and also dandy. Think about it, why would I lie about it?

Archived