Problem with my tuner

kurtykoo

• Members

I have a Fishman Classic 4T tuner in my guitar. It's accurate on every string, except the B. For some reason, my open B string shows up in the range of D#, occasionally flickering to the accurate B pitch. I have also replaced the battery. Anyone ever have a similar problem?

• Members

I've always hated tuners.....I own one and I use it prior to recording, just to make sure my guitar is tuned to correct pitch....I also might use it before getting together with other musicians; again, to insure correct pitch - just out of courtesy.....but I never use it to keep my guitar in tune!.....it takes twice as long and is not nearly as accurate as a good tuning technique and a well trained ear....several years ago on a trip to see the Springfield Symphony Orchestra, it occurred to me that not one of the musicians on stage had resorted to an electronic tuner....the first chair violinist walked up to the piano, struck a note, tuned her violin and played that note for the rest of the orchestra to tune to......the process took less than a minute - no batteries included!

• Members

The Intellitouch tuner I have clips onto the headstock and picks up vibrations. The low E won't register unless the string is lightly sounded from complete silence in the guitar. Otherwise it's straight forward. Most accurate tuner I've owned/tried. Does your on-board tuner pick up via mic or saddle transducer? If its transducer it might be telling you that there's something amiss with the saddle/transducer contact at the B string location. When you plug in is the B string in balance with the other strings? Just a (trouble-shooting) thought.

Archived