Acoustic guitar Raffle...any interest?

streetknight

• Members

EG Forum has done several successful raffles to help fellow musicians. I don't have a problem with it and there's nothing dishonest about it.

Shut up and pitch in or go away.

Thank you. I also appreciate all the positive input so far. I'm a little on the fence now though cause I'm getting a few PM's saying there could be "legal ramifications" if not done properly. As you said there have been many done on the EG forum with no problems.

I was planning on doing a much larger scale one with nice giveaways in the EG forum after the current one is over.

It's been brought to my attention that the proper terminology for such an event should not be a raffle. It should be a cause for people to make donations to. At the time we stop taking donations, we'll give away some cool prizes to show thanks for your support.

• Members

Am I the only one who is a little bit skeptical of this?

If you wanted to help this musician out then why not just sell the guitar and give him the proceeds?

I doubt that this raffle will make as much money as just selling the guitar. If your goal is to make more money than the guitar is worth then you should simply ask people for money for your friend. That would be the honest way to do it.

What are your goals in this raffle?

To answer your question, I was hoping to raise at least $2500.00 between this giveaway and the one I was going to do in EG. I don't think there is anything dishonest about this at all. People tend to give more if there is a possibility they'll get something in return instead of just making a donation. Little incentive.

And not that I have to since I am a respected member of these forums, but I had already agreed to let another member do the drawing in a youtube vid. I'll have nothing to do with it.

The EG prizes I have put together are very nice and not cheap stuff at all. Just as this Blueridge is a quality instrument.

HTH clear the air for you.

• Members

EG Forum has done several successful raffles to help fellow musicians. I don't have a problem with it and there's nothing dishonest about it.

Shut up and pitch in or go away.

I agree! I also like people that are straight, upfront and to-the-point.

Archived