Wireless system in an acoustic?

DarkHorseJ27

• Members

I know it would probably work to buy a wireless system, attach a padded clamp to the transmitter and clamp it to a brace, then plug a soundhole pickup or SBT into it so you don't either have to ream the endpin hole or have a cord hanging out the soundhole, but could it possibly be viable?

There's the cost of the wireless system, then the weight of the transmitter dampening the vibration of the top (unless maybe you managed to attach it to a brace on the back), and the wireless system sucking tone.

One the plus side, I would think it would be pretty cool to have a Baggs IBeam and a wireless system, and people see an unplugged guitar getting played and the sound is coming out of the amp.

Could this idea work?

• Members

I don't see any reason it wouldn't function as you intend, but I think it would be a pain to use.

Not a lot of metal in an acoustic to interfere with the wireless signal, but getting to it to turn it off and change batteries could be more trouble than it is worth.

-A

• Members

I don't see any reason it wouldn't function as you intend, but I think it would be a pain to use.

Not a lot of metal in an acoustic to interfere with the wireless signal, but getting to it to turn it off and change batteries could be more trouble than it is worth.

-A

Yeah...swapping batteries and turning it on would be a pain. You might be able to rig up some kind of system for turning it on easily, but I can't think of a way to get around loosening all the strings to reach in and change the batteries. My AKG wireless transmitter gives me about 30 hours a battery, so I don't know that you'd be changing them all that often, but still...

Archived