Help Me Decide On A Nylon String......

Nick74

• Members

So Im playing a LOT of acoustic lately and I Ive owned a few nylon string guitars before but I want another. Here are the specs that Im looking for...

1. Must have a cutaway

2. As close to 1.6875 nut width. Im not a big fan of the wide spacing.

3. Electronics

4. Thin Line. Id like it to be thinner than a normal acoustic.

5. I don't need to get a super top of the line one nor do I need a POS that wont stay in tune and the piezo sounds like over compressed plastic ass.

The one that comes to mind is the Epiphone Chet Atkins Nylon string. But they are discontinued and I hear pretty mixed reviews about them. Anyone ever own one?

So if anyone has an idea of a good one let me know.

Thanks!

• Members

Carvin CL450! Everything you want in a nylon stringer. I've had one for a few months now after going through about 10 nylons over the past year. This is one sweet playing and incredible sounding guitar (especially plugged in). Even sounds good with a distortion pedal and wah.

http://www.carvin.com/products/guitar.php?ItemNumber=CL450

• Members

The narrow nut request will limit your choices a great deal.

I know, I want it to be as similar as possible to a steel string guitar. I have no problem finger picking on a standard spaced guitar. So the extra space is useless to me.

• Members

You might want to check out the Cordoba Fusion guitars. The concept is great and the ones I played over the weekend had a pleasant sound and good playability. The only major issue I had with them wast he fretwork was horrible with very sharp edges top and bottom of almost every fret (this was on both models I played). If you are handy with fretwork it would be an easy fix. The concept is great and if the fretwork was better I would have picked up one on the spot.

-Kit

Archived