OT-TN Frank where ya been?

peachcowboy

• Members
I think he's out to prove a point: that pair of Recording Kings he bought satisfied him so much, he doesn't even
need
the Interwebs!

What has me baffled is how he can run the budget route in terms of his mini harem of guitars, his wife's ukulele :rolleyes: and then recording, but throw the whole philosophy out of the window in terms of a juice guzzling Mustang.

By definition, it's a mid-life crisis gone berserk or he's a serial short term collector. :eek:

• Members
What has me baffled is how he can run the budget route in terms of his mini harem of guitars, his wife's ukulele
:rolleyes:
and then recording, but throw the whole philosophy out of the window in terms of a juice guzzling Mustang.

By definition, it's a mid-life crisis gone berserk or he's a serial short term collector.
:eek:

Gary, Does short term collector mean the same as a flipper? I purchased, in my mid life crisis, a Porsche Boxster and after 6 months, lost my ass on a trade for a 330xi BMW. But that one I still have and love, due to the 4 wheel drive and the mountain state I live in. Now I have moved on to guitars, much less of an investment upfront than the Boxster, but an emotional buy nonetheless. Is your statement an enigmatic cry that it is SOOO un-coooool to have emotional twitches in what we like or what satisfies our desires to have what suits us for the now?

I look to your advice on guitar purchases and upgrades, but I suggest that you look at your own collection as a touch stone.

Personally, I love you , man. I honestly take what you say as gospel to your truth. Just let us have ours. Us being the middle age (or over) seekers of our own truth.

• Members

Nope. I see a short term collector in terms of someone flitting from one topic to another without a deliberate sense of direction, but not in a derogatory sense. Being middle aged, I'm still patiently awaiting my own mid-life crisis and Mrs P is dreading it. :lol:

My own collection is one that's built up gradually over the past period of 37-38yrs from pieces I've bought or had gifted to me. I can count on one hand the ones I've sold, but can't see anything wrong in flipping if that's what someone's into. I suppose I'm more of a long term collector (Including tools, etc.), but certainly understand the buzz gained via the various approaches toward collecting.

• Members
I have talked with TN.Frank recently. He is doing well and is absorbed by his Mustang rebuild. Has not been playing his guits lately.

I sincerely hope Frank and his family are doing well, but it's no surprise his focus has shifted so quickly from one thing to another. It understandably explains his reluctance to invest more into his guitars. :)

I hope he's still enjoying whatever time he manages to have with his Recording Kings. :thu:

Archived