best acoustic covers?

defense_1

• Members

Hey guys,
Haven't been here in awhile. Had some business to take care of which left me not playing guitar for a couple of years. I was never a good guitarist but have only gotten worse with the time off. Anyway, I want to learn some good acoustic covers that are easily recognizable but VERY easy to play and sing to help me get back into playing. Some late nineties to current tunes that would be fun around a campfire or an open mic. Stuff like Jack Johnson, Oasis, Sublime, Dave Matthews, Goo Goo Dolls. Artists like those but some of their easier songs or other songs by similar artist that are easy to start with?

thanks

• Members

Stuff like Jack Johnson, Oasis, Sublime, Dave Matthews, Goo Goo Dolls. Artists like those but some of their easier songs or other songs by similar artist that are easy to start with?

thanks

All those guys have songs that are modern open-mic staples. Jack Johnson has "Flake" and "Bubbly Toes," Oasis has the inescapable "Wonderwall," Sublime has "What I Got," Dave has "Everyday" and "Where Are You Going," and the Goo Goo Dolls have "Iris" and "Slide."

• Members

Check out a CD called, "80's Stripped". It is a collection of the original artists doing their hits acoustically:

Tommy Tutone Jenny (867-5309)
Rick Springfield Jessie's Girl
Motels Only The Lonely
Billy Squier The Stroke

and many more. An awesome collection! Billy Squier does The Stroke in a Robert Johnson blues style...mind blowing!

Archived