How are the Musician's Gear cases that MF sells?

DarkHorseJ27

• Members

I believe these are rebadged cases & gig-bags from Guardian (aka The Music Link). I have a case and gig-bag from Guardian.

I got the CG-044-C for $50. I also got the 3/4 bag for $11. I feel that both were fair at those prices. Wouldn't pay more.

EDIT:

I gave the 3/4 bag an overall rating of 2-stars on MF because it's rather big for a 3/4 guitar. Makes for poor portability and protection since your 3/4 would be swimming in it.

• Members

Hi Darkhorse

I bought 3 of these and I'm very happy with them, I was really surprised at the quality, when I bought the fisrt one it was at my door in three days opened the box and said to myself ARE YOU KIDDING I ran up stairs and orders two more :)

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Musicians-Gear-Vintage-Dreadnought-Archtop-Case?sku=541694

They also make this model, I spoke with a fellow form member he really like this one

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/Musicians-Gear-Dreadnought-Guitar-Fiberglass-Case?sku=514850

If your not in a hurry I have seen the vintage one go on sale Plus free shipping I feel both are a great bargain :thu:

• Members

I have the Guardian/Silver Creek 000 case. It has 6 latches that all work pretty well. It does not seem as thick as my other cases, even for guitars that are 000/OM size. The inside looks great but I don't like the feel of it compared to the other cases. That's just me.

Overall though, it works and I'm pleased with it.

• Members

A good friend of mine recently purchased and just received one of the Silver Creek dread cases a couple days ago. I checked it out yesterday. Nice case for the money.....at least, I thought so. If he'd moved on it sooner, when I told him it was on sale for $40, he would've saved himself about $30! Still a nice case for $69, though.

However, I bought a case locally for $69 at a M&P shop that I think is just as nice. Never heard of the brand before.....it's a "Strongbox" brand. Also a nice case. I've been dragging it around for a couple of years now....no problems yet.

• Members
A good friend of mine recently purchased and just received one of the Silver Creek dread cases a couple days ago. I checked it out yesterday. Nice case for the money.....at least, I thought so. If he'd moved on it sooner, when I told him it was on sale for $40, he would've saved himself about $30! Still a nice case for $69, though.

There was a flyer in the order I just received from MF that had the Silver Creek vintage dread archtop cases for $49.99 when you use the discount code 907T.

• Members

There was a flyer in the order I just received from MF that had the Silver Creek vintage dread archtop cases for $49.99 when you use the discount code
907T

+1 on the Silver Creek cases.

The Silver Creek cases used to be the Musicians Gear Vintage Archtop cases. I have two of them - one for each Silver Creek guitar I own - and it's a case of you're getting more than your moneys worth. And yes, wait for a sale.

:)

Archived