New Capo from Planet Waves - Looks Interesting

AugTPD

• Members

I tend to agree. I bought one of their clip-on strobe tuners and what a piece of junk that thing was.

That pick shaped strobe was a really cool idea that was just made as cheaply as possible.

Their lovely 'strap-lock' strap doesn't fit on all strap buttons, and tends to creak.

Their fancy cables don't activate all switching 1/4" jacks.

A friend returned three of their stompbox tuners because they all croaked within a week.

• Members

I'm sticking with the Shubb for one major reason - the profile is so small that it doesn't interfere with playing complex chords - like an F#dim7th - at the first fret (wherever that may be with a capo.) I just tried it with my Kyser and it was a pain.

Same here. I probably tried a half-dozen capos before getting a Shubb, the one I should've gotten in the first place. I'm kind of a sucker for new technology (even when it comes to mundane things like capos :)), so Shubb was last on my list. All the others I tried tended to be both too intrusive and less than desirable for intonation (due to a predetermined, fixed, spring pressure that tended to push some strings sharp). Those PW things look huge compared to something like a Dunlop or Kyser, let alone a Shubb. But I realize they have a legion of fans.

Archived