My new broken reverb pedal!

DarkHorseJ27

• Members

I ordered a Fishman AFX Reverb pedal from MF. I bought was that was used but in like new condition, and used the USEDGEAR promo code they were running last week, so I got a $250 for $200. I ordered it Wednesday and it arrived Friday, which is unusually fast for UPS.

But because of the way the apartment's management handles packages, I didn't get it until today. I was all excited to try the pedal out, and I get everything plugged in and ready to go, and guess what? The pedal doesn't work. I go through everything to make sure it isn't the pedal, but everything else works just fine.

I call MF even though on the order slip it says the pedal is non-returnable. I was on hold for fifteen minutes, which isn't bad considering I'm used to US Music Corps hold time, which is an hour. They gave me two options exchange it for another used one, but that might sell and be shipped to someone before the exchange happens, or exchange it for a new one, but I have to wait to receive it because they are on backorder until the 22nd. I chose the latter. They even sent me a pre-paid UPS shipping label that I can print off to send the broken unit back.

I've heard some horror stories about MF's customer service, so either I got lucky or they are improving.

• Members

I haven't had any problem with them. Actually, I just got a great deal, as my previous order arrived a day late--which violated their shipping guarantee. Not only did I get my shipping charges refunded, but I got 20% off my next order.

I promptly ordered a Fishman Solo Amp--for $800 rather than the regular price of $1,000. And they expedited the shipping at no charge. :thu:

• Members
I haven't had any problem with them. Actually, I just got a great deal, as my previous order arrived a day late--which violated their shipping guarantee. Not only did I get my shipping charges refunded, but I got 20% off my next order.

I promptly ordered a Fishman Solo Amp--for $800 rather than the regular price of $1,000. And they expedited the shipping at no charge.
:thu:

That's a great deal.

It makes me wonder how the people with the horror stories conducted themselves when they called in. By the way a lot of the people at the HCEG bitch about MF I get the feeling they didn't have much better attitudes when in contact with customer service. I can speak from experience that you aren't really motivated to satisfy a customer when they are being nothing but a huge asshole to you.

• Members

That's a great deal.

It makes me wonder how the people with the horror stories conducted themselves when they called in. By the way a lot of the people at the HCEG bitch about MF I get the feeling they didn't have much better attitudes when in contact with customer service.
I can speak from experience that you aren't really motivated to satisfy a customer when they are being nothing but a huge asshole to you

Bold lettering is mine. Absolutely correct, Darkhorse. Courtesy is contagious.

I can honestly say I've never had any experiences but good ones whenever I've dealt with MF. I do my deals over the phone and treat the guy on the other end like a human being, and I get treated the same way.

• Members

I would expect them to treat you well. With only a 20% reduction for being "used" they have to at least guarantee it does not show up DOA. I would think the no return policy would only apply towards you changing your mind about wanting the pedal. I would never buy something used and un guaranteed at only a 20% savings.

• Members

I ordered a new acoustic from MF and it came to me damaged. I called them to exchange it but the item was discontinued. They offered to to knock off about $100 from the price.

It was black guitar with a gouge about the size of my thumb in the top right where my right arm goes. Sure, my arm would cover the hole, but it would have been rather uncomfortable.

I told them no thanks and they sent me a pre-paid shipping label and I sent it back.

Pretty good service if you ask me.

• Members
I ordered a Fishman AFX Reverb pedal from MF. I bought was that was used but in like new condition, and used the USEDGEAR promo code they were running last week, so I got a $250 for $200. I ordered it Wednesday and it arrived Friday, which is unusually fast for UPS.

But because of the way the apartment's management handles packages, I didn't get it until today. I was all excited to try the pedal out, and I get everything plugged in and ready to go, and guess what? The pedal doesn't work. I go through everything to make sure it isn't the pedal, but everything else works just fine.

I call MF even though on the order slip it says the pedal is non-returnable. I was on hold for fifteen minutes, which isn't bad considering I'm used to US Music Corps hold time, which is an hour. They gave me two options exchange it for another used one, but that might sell and be shipped to someone before the exchange happens, or exchange it for a new one, but I have to wait to receive it because they are on backorder until the 22nd. I chose the latter. They even sent me a pre-paid UPS shipping label that I can print off to send the broken unit back.

I've heard some horror stories about MF's customer service, so either I got lucky or they are improving.

I've actually had really good luck with MF. I once got a pair of MXL condenser mics, a pair of large size suspension shock mounts (that I can use with my beloved CAD Equitek II -- a huge plus) and at check-out, they automatically threw in a pair of 6" pop screens. With my ASCAP discount, the whole thing was about $90. The mics were kinda sucky. But that wasn't MF's fault. And I just sort of figured I got those for free. :D

Archived