Jenny Wren; Youtube content

Glenn F

• Members

This isn't me, but I've never heard a better vocal imitation of Paul. He does another one of Macca's, 'Calico Skies' (which I gotta teach myself), that is even more uncannily like Paul.

Youtube amazes me, sometimes.

Cheers,

Glenn

• Members

That guy is a flake. I once clicked on one of his videos that he named 'The Beatles,' without any reference to 'cover,' or 'tribute,' expecting to see the real Beatles, and got him doing one of his schticks. I made a polite comment about how he might want to include the above qualifiers to his videos, and he wrote a long, passive-aggressive, ALL CAPITALS message back on my page. Never bothered with him again.

Cheers,

Glenn

• Members

Actually what caught my attention was his ......how to be Freddie Mercury....its absolutely hillarious.

The closest act to McCartney I've ever heard was the band RAIN. They are absolutely the best Beatle band on earth..seen them twice...Haveing been the Beatles over 15 years its actually turned these guys into the Beatles. The voices sound more like the Beatles than the Beatles.....scary and wonderful at the same time.

• Members

I like mj sokes instrumental...how do you rate that in terms of complexity ?.... any notation sites?....

Is it plugged in do you think...prefered the tone in the Eastman, what happened to that, is it discounted in your shop...oh it wasnt just frets was it...neck issues?

I am not sure if it is plugged in, but it isn't well recorded, and it looks like a shallow bowl Ovation. The tricky thing about the tune is Paul's quirky picking/strum technique. It is the same technique he uses on Blackbird, but it is more complex in Jenny Wren. All you really need to do is watch mj as many times as it takes, and, perhaps, if you don't know it, learn Blackbird first. mj has the picking/strum technique down pat.

As for the Eastman, no, it wasn't discounted, and, yes, there was a potential neck angle problem. Thomann.de doesn't have it in stock again, but they will when they get mine back. I'd advise against grabbing it, really. When I listen to the recording of it, it sounds ok, nice, actually, but, I found the frets uncomfortable, and the saddle was a bit weird. The high E was the same height, or higher, than the low E. Those things, along with the slightly off neck angle, gave me pause about keeping it and setting it up. It may have been fine, but after checking the neck angles on my 5 other acoustics, and finding them all lining up with the bridge perfectly, made my decision to return it unfortunate but necessary.

Cheers,

Glenn

Archived