VOM Reminder -- Virtual Open Mic This Sunday!

Stackabones

• Members

Really cool Joe!
:thu:
I've noticed that you've even been able to pull the YouTube submissions into the player... which is awesome. Does that task add an extra manual burden on you?

I know it wouldn't be overly difficult for me to include an mp3 link along with my embedded YouTube video. If that makes your tireless efforts of maintaining/archiving these VOMs a bit easier I'll gladly start including mp3 links.

No extra burden. What it does is, when I enter a VOM entry into the system, the Player's control file plays the submitted music to itself and records a cache file in MP3 format which is saved to the session archive entry. That only exists for the current VOM session.

When the new Session is performed, it overwrites the cache from the last session. So the player is not quite like the archive site in that sense as the player will only play what is contained in the current VOM session.

VOM account holders will have the ability to use the music stored in their VOM Music Hosting accounts for other Internet purposes using the Melody Stream Player, on a more permanent basis, but that is a separate capability that isn't ready for prime time yet.

• Members

FWIW, I've had something recorded for about week now but am hesitant to post it. It's a retake of a song I did for a prior VOM that disappeared with putfile (and I lost the original) that holds special meaning but this time around I recorded just after a pretty bad argument with my wife - nothing serious, just money.
There's some bad mojo going on in my head as I'm singing and I nearly spat some of the lyrics out in contempt.

I have felt that before ..

• Members

Glenn F

Poppytater

I set up your accounts and put your submissions into the hosting system. Please note that you will still need to post your entries into the VOM on Sunday, or alternatively, make a Absentee entry on the VOM archive site.

You can get the link to your music in the "Music Hosting" section. Click the little "I" icon for file information, the link that you use to post to the VOM is listed next to the "Share name" label.

A typical entry includes: Song link, Title, Credits, and commentary.

Glad to see you both in the mix. Have fun on Sunday.

• Members

Yes, I am going to submit an entry, but it would have to be tomorrow as I will be away on sunday.

That's fine.. Here is what you do..

Email vom.archives@infocusreviews.com include:

- Your email address

- A password you want to use on the system

- Attach your first submission in mp3 format

- Song title name

- Song credits

- Any commentary you want included for the entry.

I'll pre-register you and get you into the absentee system since you won't be available on Sunday.

• Members

FWIW, I've had something recorded for about week now but am hesitant to post it. It's a retake of a song I did for a prior VOM that disappeared with putfile (and I lost the original) that holds special meaning but this time around I recorded just after a pretty bad argument with my wife - nothing serious, just money. There's some bad mojo going on in my head as I'm singing and I nearly spat some of the lyrics out in contempt.

That happens, Neil, and that kind of emotion can actually make for a pretty interesting song. Just look at the level of defiance projected in "Diamonds & Rust."

Archived