Dr.Duck's Axwax and string lube,anybody ever use any of this?

KATMAN

• Members

I bought me of this stuff to polish guitars and my resonator.It works pretty good without much effort.Funny name,because it doesn't contain any wax.Add a couple of drops to your cloth,and rub.If it feels greasy,rub it some more untill it's normal. Beats Dunlop 65 and Gibson polish.

• Members

I picked up a four-ounce bottle a few years ago on a whim. I wanted to use it to polish my Ovation, and it didn't do much. It's interesting to hear that you liked it. To each his own, I guess :idk:.

From what I gather, it's more of a fretboard conditioner/string lube than a polish. And for those two things, it works great :thu:! It's especially nice for recording, because it cuts down on fret noise considerably.

I don't think I'll ever run out of this stuff. Just a few drops, and you're all set. A actually dumped about half an ounce of the stuff down the drain, because whenever I opened the bottle, I always squeezed it (unintentionally, of course) and Ax Wax went flying all over the place :facepalm:. Instead of having to worry about cleaning up the mess every time I used it, I just dumped a little. Haven't had the flying Ax Wax issue since :thu:.

Archived