Anyone familiar with the Recording King acoustics?

Frank Remark

• Members

I'm sort of interested in some of their 000-sized models.

They have a bunch of 000 models. 12-fretters, solid Martin clones, lam Martin clones, and even some Gibson clones.

I've heard great things about their 12-fretters, good things about their all-solid Martin clones, and so-so things about the rest.

See my sig for information about Silver Creek 000's, which are pretty much identical to their RO-26 and RO-27 models.

• Members

I'm sort of interested in some of their 000-sized models.

Is that the slot headed one 12 fret to body. If so yes I have played a couple - if I hadn't already got my crafter 000 slot head 12 fret to body I would have bought one of them. Lovely looking and good blues sound.

Phil

• Members

Is that the slot headed one 12 fret to body. If so yes I have played a couple - if I hadn't already got my crafter 000 slot head 12 fret to body I would have bought one of them. Lovely looking and good blues sound.

Phil

I think I had a doh moment above - the ooo 's I played that were recording king I don't think were slot headed. I liked the sound but the guitar I was really pleasantly surprised with was a slot headed 000tanglewood. This is what I described above. There was nothing wrong with the recording kings I have played but it was the tanglewood that really called to me that day. (For UKers that was a visit to Guitar Junction in Worthing - Recording Kings and tanglewoods only thing really in my price range. If you want to SEE some seriously vintage martins/gibsons that is the place to go)

Phil

Archived