SKB case and Parkwood PW320-M

masterbuilt

• Members

I ordered an SKB-000 case over the weekend from Amazon. I received it today via UPS ground.

The guitar fits in the belly of the case like a glove and there is about half an inch above the headstock, which is really great, but, the neck is not supported by the bottom of the case. I folded over a small "sports towel" and laid it under the neck to support it, but, otherwise, this is the best fitting case I could locate for this guitar.

Guitar Center and Sam Ash did not have a "000" case of any kind in stock and neither did other local shops. So, I had to get precise information for the measurement of the case interior. I thought the depth of the SKB would be just about perfect, but, evidently it is about 3/16 of an inch off.

• Members

I ordered an SKB-000 case over the weekend from Amazon. I received it today via UPS ground.

The guitar fits in the belly of the case like a glove and there is about half an inch above the headstock, which is really great, but, the neck is not supported by the bottom of the case. I folded over a small "sports towel" and laid it under the neck to support it, but, otherwise, this is the best fitting case I could locate for this guitar.

Guitar Center and Sam Ash did not have a "000" case of any kind in stock and neither did other local shops. So, I had to get precise information for the measurement of the case interior. I thought the depth of the SKB would be just about perfect, but, evidently it is about 3/16 of an inch off.

Buying generic acoustic cases is really a drag. Buying generic cases in general is a drag, actually. I have three fitted cases---for my LP, Gretsch, and Ovation. The LP and the Gretsch fit perfectly, but the Ovation has a little bit of play, even though it's fitted for the correct (Ovation) body style.

I have a generic Musicians Gear acoustic case that I use for my two Seagulls, and neither one fits perfectly. My S12 wobbles around a lot, so I'll fold up my guitar strap and stick it on the side to keep it from moving. My S6 fits a little bit better, but it has some give to it as well. And my mandolin wobbles around so much in my mando case that sometimes I wonder if it's even worth having a case :facepalm:.

Anyway, it sounds like you got a good case. SKB makes stellar gear and if that case ever breaks (which it won't), they have a lifetime guarantee :thu:.

• Members

Masterbuilt, I feel the same as Seagullplayer. Almost impossible to get a PERFECT fit. I think you probably hit it as close as it's gonna get. I've got one case that I bought at The Bluegrass Shop for my old Fender that's about as perfect as it gets, but the case that came with my Yamaha FG730S is kind of a "jam" fit. And, it's the exact model number that MF says Yamaha recommends for it.

When the Yamaha is in its case, there's about 3/8" of space between the back of the upper bout and the bottom of the case with the neck resting where it goes. It's sure not gonna move.....but, I doubt that there even IS a case made specifically for the FG Yamahas.

The only case I have that is what I'd call "perfect" is the rigid foam case that my Alvarez came in. Actually, I'd prefer a standard hardshell case for it, but I'll just keep using the one that it came with until it falls apart. Probably won't happen in MY lifetime, though.

I don't drag my guitars around much. The cases are more for humidity control and as glorified dust covers.

Archived