Help with figuring out how to do this

DarkHorseJ27

• Members

I was a Guitar Center the other day trying out some acoustic amps. One of them was the Fishman Loudbox, and I was amazed by the clarity and transparency of its tone. Needless to say, it is the amp I'm going to be getting in the future.

My current amp is a Fender Acoustasonic SFX, which will likely be sold to cover some recent expenses. The one thing the Acoustasonic has over the Loudox is the SFX feature. There is a side-mounted speaker that when turned on gets a fuller sound. With the signal completely dry the change is subtle, but when you start to turn up the on-board effects, the sound gets very full, more 3-dimensional, and just sounds like it surrounds you. With the reverb on it sounds like your in the middle of a large, reverby room. The only problem is the side speaker only works this way with the on-board effects, and while the effects aren't bad, they aren't the most acoustic, in that they make the your guitar sound a bit more like a clean electric (with I really don't care for).

I've worked out what happens between the on-board effects and side speaker. When you turn the effect level up, the side speaker gets wetter faster than the front speakers. It also gets louder. In the normal course of things the people listening are going to be in front of the amp, so they'll mainly hear the front speakers. But by having the side speaker act the way it does it adds a lot of dimension and ambience to the overall sound.

I'm wanting to imitate the SFX feature with the Fishman Loudbox, and I'm wondering how I might do it. Any ideas?

Archived