Tommy Emmanuel

acousticDave

• Members

never heard of him until earlier tonight. just wow.

from wikipedia:

Throughout his career he has played with many notable artists including Chet Atkins, Eric Clapton, Sir George Martin, Air Supply, John Denver, Les Paul and Doc Watson. Eric Clapton, Chet Atkins, Les Paul, and Joe Satriani all say that he is the best they have ever heard which is a testament to his extraordinary abilities.

[YOUTUBE][/YOUTUBE]

• Members

sucks..

J/K (of course).. The guy is a freak of nature. I`ve seen his show at least 7-8 times, but I`ve also seen him in several casual jams with other hot-shots and he always stands out and is in a league all his own.

How he gets those crappy Maton guitars to sound like that is quite an accomplishment in itself (yes I`ve played Matons).

• Members

I have seen live 3 times. He is a great guitar player, fantastic entertainer but ...

I don't like him as a musician. I mean I can't listen to his records. I think his music is "weak". In concert he's great, one of the best, but as a musician he's not one of the best, in my opinion. I can't explain exactly my feelings, but he lacks something. Buster B. Jones was on the same tchnical level but he had more soul. Probably T.E. is the best on a technical level, but he'll never reach the level of Bensusan, Juber (just to name a few) as a musician.

Just my opinion, of course.

Archived