OT Email server?

Bernie P.

• Members

Can somebody tell me how to find out what type of Email incoming/outgoing server I have?I tried to reply to someone regarding my Epi listed in the classifieds as they requested but when I tried that I got a series of dialog boxes that I had no idea how to respond to.Such as if the incoming server is POP3,IMAP,or HTTP or what the outgoing-SMTP server stuff is.I always just use the Email account I have with my ISP or the sites private messaging.

Bernie P. is online now Report Post Edit/Delete Message

• Members

Chances are that it is either a sendmail/fetchmal, MSExchange or Lotus Domino, but why do you need that specific info?

EMail is standardized and you talk to all those servers in the same way following RFC (numberforgotten) standards.

Please talk tou your ISP's tech support.

• Members

Chances are that it is either a sendmail/fetchmal, MSExchange or Lotus Domino, but why do you need that specific info?

EMail is standardized and you talk to all those servers in the same way following RFC (numberforgotten) standards.

Please talk tou your ISP's tech support.

BP probably just clicked on a mailto: link, which launched the default mail client on the computer, which may not have been configured yet. It sounds like the initial setup wizard on Outlook or what-not.

Also, this thread got double-posted somehow. Other thread is here:

http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?t=2682066

-A

Archived