Composite Acoustics - still in business?

EJStrat2Tone

• Members

January 2024, Toronto, Canada

I love my CA OX HG ELE - I have toured with it for over ten years. It has proven to be the best guitar investment for me. I also have a 1973 Martin D35 that I bought new from Manny's in NYC for $444USD. Sadly it is unreliable as a touring instrument as temerature and humidity changes  affect it to the point of it being unplayable on occasion and the sound changes in different climates despite having the HumidiPack system in its Hiscox case. I love it but can't rely on its tuning and sound from one continent to another. (I once performed on a ship in Antarctica.) That said, it stays in the climate controlled studio where it remains happy and healthy. No disrespect intended as Martins have been and continue to be great wooden guitars.

But the CA is my go to guitar. I run it through a Fishman Platinum Pro and couldn't be happier. And yes, I expect to pass this guitar on to my grandchildren. It will most likely still be it tune and still sounding like a bell. Thanks.