Instant Replay...one of my better ideas

Mike_E_McGee

• Members

I've always believed musicians should record themselves and listen to what they sound like. What a hassle it's been though. I started out with a fostex X-15 back in the late 80's. Early soundcards on 90's PC's sucked, even recently my Q3HD has been a major hassle. My pc is old (in PC terms). It won't display 1920X1080 and when it resizes the video it causes sync issues, dropouts, etc.

I checked out Amazon and found a mini hdmi>hdmi cable for $0.03. With shipping it was $2.98. I was sure that they'd email me that the price was an error. Didn't happen. Got the cable. Hooked it to the TV:

DSCN1021.jpg

I can sit and play, the TV displays the video with a short delay, but no audio. Stop playing, get up offa that couch, hit play, and sit back and be mortified. The recorder functions a lot better than I do! (edit: you do get audio on playback, just not on record)

Someday I'm going to record clips of that baritone that I am willing to post. I think being able to "review the tapes" may actually make that happen sooner than later. I do love it when technology gets better and easier! My days trying to sync audio from an H4 to video shot on a still camera made me long for the old Fostex 4 track. Now I've got some serious tools to work with that work simply.

:love:

• Members

I will admit I have not tried the horse head method but I have to think it would get kinda reverby in that thing.

It kills visibility, and that plus the unfamiliar scale lends to some pitchy slide work and a totally missed harmonic at the end. But why not, I'm here to learn not to impress:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nxi1gWLeyR4&feature=youtu.be

Edit: drat, thought I cut off the ending...didn't

Archived