NGD: Xaviere xv-580SS Acoustic Guitar

LightenUpMcGraw

• Members

Crack the Sky were quite popular in Baltimore; I once saw them perform at the Painters Mill Music Fair. (That will show my age.) It was a fantastic show!

That is very cool, they are known for their live shows. Their 1978 album "Live Sky" is still considered one of the strongest concert albums of the 70's by many. They are still popular in the Baltimore area playng at Recher Theater in Towsend almost every year. I saw them back in the day at Hammerjacks in Baltimore and then caught them again a few days later in DC at a dive called the 930 Club (a place where white people where black clothes with white makeup and black lipstick, and no ones aloud to smile). They are like no other band live and anyone that has ever seen them comes away wondering how they can be so precise with all the weird changes their songs take.

• Members

Boy, familiar names. I saw Steve Stills at Hammerjacks and saw some show at the 9:30 club back in the 80's. I never made it to the Recher Theater, though. Every now and then I miss the old hometown. (It quickly passes, though.
:lol:
)

Yeah I thought you might recognize those clubs. Hammerjacks is long gone now, raized for the Ravens stadium if I'm not mistaken. Here's something you might like to get a hold of. In 2008 4 of the 5 original members (John Palumbo, Rick Witkowski, Joe Macre and Joey DeAmico) joined the band again after 25 years and they put out a bad to the bone Live DVD called "All Access". The band headlined a progressive festival in Pittsburgh and the performance was filmed. The show is amazing and the crew used something like 6 or 8 cameras and used 5.0 sound and all that stuff. It was great to finally see CTS get the treatment they deserved when it comes to capturing their live show. Check it out, it is well worth the $15 or whatever. I'm pretty sure you can get it on Amazon or on Ebay maybe.

• Members

Yeah I thought you might recognize those clubs. Hammerjacks is long gone now, raized for the Ravens stadium if I'm not mistaken. Here's something you might like to get a hold of. In 2008 4 of the 5 original members (John Palumbo, Rick Witkowski, Joe Macre and Joey DeAmico) joined the band again after 25 years and they put out a bad to the bone Live DVD called "All Access". The band headlined a progressive festival in Pittsburgh and the performance was filmed. The show is amazing and the crew used something like 6 or 8 cameras and used 5.0 sound and all that stuff. It was great to finally see CTS get the treatment they deserved when it comes to capturing their live show. Check it out, it is well worth the $15 or whatever. I'm pretty sure you can get it on Amazon or on Ebay maybe.

I'll check that out.

It was Ravens stadium (on top of Camden Yards) that made me happy about leaving Baltimore. I have to put up with Patriots and Red Sox crap here, but the teams are far enough away that I can avoid a lot of it.

• Members

I'll check that out.

It was Ravens stadium (on top of Camden Yards) that made me happy about leaving Baltimore. I have to put up with Patriots and Red Sox crap here, but the teams are far enough away that I can avoid a lot of it.

Hey Gary, I just thought of another joint I saw CTS play in that area and wondered if you have heard of it. It's an old converted 66 gas station that is now called Club 66 in Edgewood MD. It's pretty cool with wood rafters and a balcony including lots of pics of live acts that have played there. For such a little place the list of performers was pretty impressive although I can't recall any now.

• Members

Hey Gary, I just thought of another joint I saw CTS play in that area and wondered if you have heard of it. It's an old converted 66 gas station that is now called Club 66 in Edgewood MD. It's pretty cool with wood rafters and a balcony including lots of pics of live acts that have played there. For such a little place the list of performers was pretty impressive although I can't recall any now.

That's a new one on me; I hadn't heard of that one.

Archived