Tabbing software.

Pitar

• Members

Any of you writers use tablature software? I just started using Tuxguitar and it's a lot of fun. It will take a little bit to view and learn the functions of all the symbols, both Tab and Standard Notation, but it really is pretty easy. And, it plays back what you've tabbed giving you a way to proof your work. Two people can share a collaboration making it easy to send changes that might be needed or are under consideration. It will also render to PDF. If you don't already have something like this you might consider it.

• Members

Hmmm. That looks interesting. I've futzed around with Guitar Pro and have not been very happy with it. I'll have to try this.

I had Guitar Pro 4 and I don't remember much about it. I think this might be a little more intuitive. All I can say is when the thing opens give yourself a good familiarization with the functions and features atop the page. Also, this program does not automatically add measures. But, it will allow you to add them before, within and after the location you place your cursor. It took me a good hour to tab out a bit of an intro to a song but that includes ferreting out how to add in chords, accentuated notes, hammer-ons and slides, change the tempo, etc. The playback is a cheesy representation of an acoustic guitar but faithful representation of a guitar's sound is not the purpose. It's to proof the tab.

This is the PDF of what I had when I quit a little while ago. It can also be rendered as a "share" file for sending to another person for collaborating with or just learning how to play the piece. Good stuff.

https://www.box.com/s/bq2romac2gg6f7hpv9nb

Archived