Xaviere Acoustics

mike003

• Members

This one is kinda unusual, what w/ it's maple fingerboard and bridge:

xv200s.jpg

You don't see many like that!

Solid Spruce Top Maple Back and sides with Maple Bridge

Item ID: XV_200S Availability: In Stock

If the frenzy at the Guitarfetish warehouse when these babies arrived is any indication of a guitar's goodness- then the XVD200S is pretty good!

Just a stunning guitar- Solid Spruce top with laminated maple back and sides- but we've included a real maple fingerboard with black dot inlays- For warmth and clarity the maple is UNFINISHED, so you get an old telecaster

• Members

Hi Revans, Interesting review, It certainly is a pretty guitar, the back, sides and headstock look amazing. I thought long and hard about getting an Xaviere acoustic with lamination but just couldn't pull the trigger. One way or another I wanted an all solid woods acoustic and nothing I could find seemed to come close to the features of the 580SS so I took that chance. My understanding is you have 10 days to return it if not happy so there is an out if your truly unhappy with it. In my case I may have been lucky as there are no flaws in the finish I can find, no overspray the like. The only flaw I can find is a tiny tiny white hair about the size of an eye lash that is actually under the finish on the back. I kept trying to brush it away with no success, it took me a couple of swipes before realizing it was incased in the finish iteslf duh. Not a big deal at all.

I love the sound of the guitar which is rich and full and no doubt benefits from having the solid rosewood back and sides. Thing is I'm no expert I just go by the gut feeling I get when I strum an acoustic. You know it either sings or it doesn't and as I've said before that was my great worry, that I'd get it and it would sound dull like my old Seagull did. Thankfully I couldn't be happier with the chime it gets top to bottom. Maybe a real expert would pick it apart with ease but I can only go by what I hear. I am dying to strum it side by side with some really high end acoustics just to compare straight up but I'm not sure GC would like that or if it would be considered low brow so I guess I'll keep wondering. If you do get the 580SS please do a review I am dying to hear another opinion on this guitar. Well hope you have a great Sunday afternoon. Now who wants to soft rock!

I've owned several acoustics from Yamaha to Taylor......my opinion on the difference is this. Yamaha builds them to last, but I never really fell in love with their tone. I am not saying their tone is bad, I just never really fell in love with it. Taylor's are built for show, very interesting tone, that IMHO varies from one guitar to another like nobody else does....also pretty pricey and for that kind on money I would rather have a Martin.

I bought this to replace an acoustic-electric that I paid a little more for, than this one. It was all lam, as opposed to solid cedar top and lam back and sides. Being acoustic electric, there would probably be too much feedback if it were all solid. IMHO, it's a whole lot of guitar for the money. Very good tone and great looks and playability.

• Members

I've owned several acoustics from Yamaha to Taylor......my opinion on the difference is this. Yamaha builds them to last, but I never really fell in love with their tone. I am not saying their tone is bad, I just never really fell in love with it. Taylor's are built for show, very interesting tone, that IMHO varies from one guitar to another like nobody else does....also pretty pricey and for that kind on money I would rather have a Martin.

I bought this to replace an acoustic-electric that I paid a little more for, than this one. It was all lam, as opposed to solid cedar top and lam back and sides. Being acoustic electric, there would probably be too much feedback if it were all solid. IMHO, it's a whole lot of guitar for the money. Very good tone and great looks and playability.

The one thing I guess I can't speak to on my particular model is whether it is built to last. In my case this will always be a bedroom baby guitar so there won't really be much wear and tear from lugging it around and stuff like that. I sure hope it holds up for the long haul because I really want this to be a lifer and only time will tell that tale. It's been over a decade since I played my Seagull on any regular basis and from there to here I've only played my electrics. If it weren't for the fact that one day not too long ago I stepped into GC's acoustic room and pulled down a few acoustics that sounded so good I got the acoustic bug again. I had forgotten how sweet it is to just strum a fine acoustic. Now my electrice are filing all kind of complaints because they aren't getting ALL the attention anymore. I am just so glad that I've gotten back into the acoustic guitar again and Monday I am getting back my long lost (twice snapped neck) Ovation 12 String Balladeer back freshly repaired after maybe 15 years in the case. It's my new acoustic that prompted me to call the lutheir and see if he could work some magic on it for me. Can't wait to have two hanging around ready and able to play that soft rockin funky music. I have a thread on the 12 string repair that I'll update sometime this week after I get her back. She's a black guitar with a heart of gold, at least she used to, stay tuned.

• 7 months later...
  • Members

Beware, I got one.  The 'top of the lin' all solid xv_580 (sunburst).  It had a lot of problems.  Biggest issue was the fretboard was bent and glued to the body. Fret 15 and up not playable. I returned for exchange and was told they were all that way and I would have to wait a few weeks for a new shipment.  They advised they were pulling the rest of their stock as defective.  When I checked their website for the following week they still showed in stock.

• Members

shanehen wrote:

Beware, I got one.  The 'top of the lin' all solid xv_580 (sunburst).  It had a lot of problems.  Biggest issue was the fretboard was bent and glued to the body. Fret 15 and up not playable. I returned for exchange and was told they were all that way and I would have to wait a few weeks for a new shipment.  They advised they were pulling the rest of their stock as defective.  When I checked their website for the following week they still showed in stock.

Even though this is a zombie thread ... thanks for chiming in!  That is good to know!

Archived