Gretsch Honey Dipper Review/Clip

rhino55

• Members

I've had it for a week now.  I really like it.  I've never spent any significant amount of time with a high $ resonator, but for under $500 shipped, I've got no complaints with this one.

It doesn't feel like a cheap build.  That might be because it's the heaviest thing I've ever held.  I added a strap button to it.  After an hour or so of standing with it, you start noticing the weight, but I've gotten pretty used to it already.

The action came high enough to do some fretting behind the slide, but not so high that the intonation gets thrown off when you fret up the neck.

The V shaped neck is very comfortable and takes the Shubb capo pretty well.

It's pretty smooth with a glass slide, but I've been digging brass.  It really barks when you dig in with a heavy slide.

Here is a song I started writing last night.  Finger picked so it isn't too "barky." 

I'll Come Running

• Members

Haha... I know right!

I'm a pretty big fan.

I was lurking at resohangout yesterday and it seems like a cool bunch but it seems like everyone is pretty into square necks. Do you know of a spot that caters to a roundneck crowd or were those guys there and I just missed them?

Archived