Washburn Wd25SCE vs WD30SCE??

smokeynichol

• Members

I bought the Washburn WD25SCE recently and love the tone i'm getting from it-being Alaskan spruce top along with rosewood back & sides. have my eye on the WD30SCE as well-that being an alaskan spruce top as well BUT tamo ash back and sides. That being said will i get as 'boomy' a sound and terrific playability from the '30' like the '25?'

• Members

smokeynichol wrote:

I bought the Washburn WD25SCE recently and love the tone i'm getting from it-being Alaskan spruce top along with rosewood back & sides. have my eye on the WD30SCE as well-that being an alaskan spruce top as well BUT tamo ash back and sides. That being said will i get as 'boomy' a sound and terrific playability from the '30' like the '25?'

Smokey, as far as I can tell they are identical guitars with the exception of the back and sides, and while both have solid Sitka tops, the b&s are laminated which means that they don't color the sound all that much.   I'm going to guess that they will sound very much alike.

That WD25SCE looks like a pretty sweet guitar - would you recomment it to Quackystrat who is in the market for an A/E guitar in that price range?

• Members

Wow I really appreciate that. I check out a thread i havent seen yet and someone is already checking for me, pretty awesome.

On that, i do much prefer a Grand Auditorium body style over Drednaught. So i have eyed the WG26SCE.

I did have the WCG18CE but i couldnt bond with it. it just didnt sounds good while not plugged in, and didnt resonate through the body. but its wasnt a solid top so im guessing thats why it didnt resonate. sounds i think was due to to arm contour. im hoping that maybe the other model, would be better than that

Archived