For Post 666

JoeBoy

• Members

I picked up a plastic dano purple tuner for $6 in a pawn, but it is a finicky bastard, I hate it live. Grabbed a little Sabine the other day, much better, but ...

I miss all the Boss's I've lost over the years, the last tuner I lost was a Fender pedal, pretty good but hard to read from a distance. Just wondered if the Behringer was a typical $20 tuner, or if it really was too good to be true, yet true.

How was your Dallas show?

• Members
Originally posted by Distantkool

Wow, you've posted 20 times in the last three hours.

At this rate, you should pass up '56Goldtop in about 250 days or so.
:eek:

Nah I have got into producing and managing a couple of bands. My free time is drifting away. GOLDTOP will always be way ahead of us all. As it should be.

• Members

Originally posted by jjpistols

I picked up a plastic dano purple tuner for $6 in a pawn, but it is a finicky bastard, I hate it live. Grabbed a little Sabine the other day, much better, but ...

I miss all the Boss's I've lost over the years, the last tuner I lost was a Fender pedal, pretty good but hard to read from a distance. Just wondered if the Behringer was a typical $20 tuner, or if it really was too good to be true, yet true.

How was your Dallas show?

Those BOSS TU2s are pretty damn hard to break. You just gotta start your show by showing pictures of the last poor soul that stole from you.

• Members
Originally posted by jjpistols

this guy's fault, usually

guinness.jpg

A stout is good for you. Damn it JJ. Now I want one of those too. Lets see Valium was only 5mgs. Weight times hour times. Ah {censored}it. Its good for ya. Hey is Guitar Resurection still around. It was off Guadalupe behind Half Price Books?

• Members

Yeah - and on www.guitarrez.com
good guys, nice inventory, seems like good prices on higher dollar stuff, not much in my budget unfortunately

dropped in last week and found out they have Buzzstops in stock - I wish I'd thought to check them before the hammerhead fiasco

both Rez and Half Price books moved to N Lamar in the last year - they were about 4 blocks from my house :(

still close to work :)

• Members

Yeah - when I first got to town, I thought most of the guitar shops here were assholish (many popular ones closed or changed hands when Mars/GC hit town, I guess - 2 GCs now)

But returning to Rez, I found them to be cooler than I'd thought at first. I thought they had high prices at first glance, but when I realized what was wearing those tags, my opinion reversed. They have a lot of higher end and boutique stuff, and the prices are actually quite good compared to many others I've seen. They blow away MF on THD stuff, too. They never have much in my price range, but I always drop a couple bucks on strings/picks etc when I go in.

Archived