SoundCloud

danika

• Members

What's the big deal about SoundCloud? First, Cakewalk provided an interface and now Pro Tools. It's billed as a MySpace replacement for musicians, but I don't see much evidence of that. It looks more like SoundClick, wannabees trying to generate attention but only getting responses from other wannabees.

• Members

It's kind of a hub in that case. Those other places (I'm pretty sure) can pickup files directly from there so if you upload to Soundcloud I think it will (if you set it up) show up everywhere else.

Anyway, I think Studio One did that first, not that it actually matters one way or another. AFAIK there are at least four doing it, that one, the two you mentioned and Reaper.

And of course people actually do use Soundcloud for more than sharing home mixes with their high school friends. :facepalm: Some people use it to upload files for mastering, whatever, it's just a file server like any other so if you have it built in you might use it to share tracks for a collaboration or something, whatever.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I just started using it myself. The only thing I'm wondering is how people get so many listeners? Do you need to mindlessly "friend" everyone you come across so that they listen out of curiosity? Seems like only a couple people have listened to my tracks that didn't get some kind of direct link from me. I even posted the tracks to groups. Actually, the worst part I've found is that the "moderated groups" take quite a long time to actually approve your track before it becomes visible.

• Members

It looks more like SoundClick, wannabees trying to generate attention but only getting responses from other wannabees.

YES!!! This is exactly, precisely what it is. It's a circle-jerk, where wannabes can post all their crappy music and tell each other how amazing it is.

Archived