Computer Nerds, I need your help...

jTreu

• Members

On the desktop of my sisters computer (hp pavilion 510n with windows XP) the desktop background is being covered by this black background that says

"Warning! You're in danger! All you do with computer is stored forever in your hard disk. When you visit sites, send emails...all your actions are logged. And its impossible to remove them with standard tools. Your data is still available for forensics. And in some cases for your boss, your friends, your wife, your children. Every site you or somebody, or even something, like spyware, opended in your brower, with all images, and all downloaded or maybe later removed movies or mp3 songs - ARE STILL THERE and could broke your life! Secure Yourself Right Now! Remove All Spyware From Your PC!"

All the desktop icons are still there on top of the black background, after running my spyware programs (spy sweeper and spy bot search and destroy) it is still there (restarted the computer after programs were run)

any help appreciated, thanks

• Members

right click on a blank area of the desktop and choose properties. Go to desktop and see if some hijack replaced your wallpaper.

btw, you might want to spellcheck your sig...if I can notice, that is saying something.

• Members

I haven't seen that spyware in a bit, but to the best of my memory there is something at the very top edge of the screen, a line, something.

Try left or right clicking on that.

Opps..didnt' see your newest post.

Rock on...

• Members

Originally posted by k4df4l

btw, you might want to spellcheck your sig...if I can notice, that is saying something.

+1 I have it on good authority your screen name was orignally going to be "Karmopolis", but in a tragic fit of rage, ended up in its current form. the rest, as they say, is history. :cool:

//S

• Members

These can get really nasty if they have mucked up the registry entries and most desktop hijacks are wicked....

google desktop hijack and you will see some computer forums that discuss the details for analysis and removal.

• Members

Originally posted by Shocker

+1 I have it on good authority your screen name was orignally going to be "Karmopolis", but in a tragic fit of rage, ended up in its current form. the rest, as they say, is history.
:cool:

//S

cut me some slack...not only does my spelling suck but it's hard to type with a hook :)

Archived