International sites for guitar stuff

unistudent1980

• Members

Have you actually tried to buy from 123? Just 2 months ago, one of my mates in Townsville QLD tried ordering Gibson pickups to restore a Les Paul(he was a Gibson dealer and even shipped from the US they came out much cheaper for him), and they would not ship to AU because of some dealer territory issue. I tried Musicians Friend while in AU, and they will only ship like 2 generic brand lines there due to what are apparently manufacturers rules. This is done to protect the foreign distributors market. If everyone could buy direct from somewhere else for cheaper, it destroys the local dealers and distributors business. This does make sense, but can be a drag when one is trying to save some money, or have a better selection. That said , I dont actually have a good suggestion regarding your post. Some American Ebay "stores" may bypass this and ship to you, and some of the Japanese dealers like Ishibashi seem to bend the rules on stuff they arent really supposed to ship to the US(ESP Edwards and MIJ Fenders), maybe they could be a resource for you.

• Members

Well, it wont hurt to double check with 123. They do claim to ship internationally as long as its not a restricted product. When I tried Musicians Fiend(not a typo) though, after a bit of clicking it was revealed that only like AXman stands and a few other crappy things were not "restricted". BTW, what effects are you after?

• Members

Basically I'm after the following:

Morley Classic Wah

Dano eq

A Chorus (not sure which one yet)

A Phaser (not sure which one yet)

Boss SD1

I think I might need a compressor and a noise gate or something. I'm fairly new to effects and really and play clean most of the time but I'd like to see what I can do with these and how I can incorporate them into my playing.

As I've said I know nothing about effects but the ones I have on the Roland Cube. THese will be going into an old beat up traynor on loan to me. I'm in no real rush, I just bought a Parker Pm20 and waiting to build up funds in the next month.

I mean you guys get an Sd1 for about 60aussie dollars (40 USD). They retail here for about $150 Aussie dollars ($100 USD). Dano mini pedals are about $20-$30USD, They retail for $80 Aussie dollars plus.

At this rate I might have to wait for the dust to settle from the Roland vs Behringer lawsuit to get an affordable pedal.

Archived