My wife strikes again!!!

VanR

• Members

Look what the wife got me for my birthday. My birthday was a couple of weeks ago, but it took that long for the guitar to get here. Got it today. Just beautiful.. Yamaha Pacifica 412V in Natural Finish

IM000346.jpg

IM000348.jpg

IM000349.jpg

IM000347.jpg

• Members

Sweet you lucky man :D

I was 40 in march my wife bought me tickets to an elton john concert in las vegas plus 3 nights in some classy hotel (dream venue) but we stopped talking in feb and she let it go, only just started talking a couple of weeks ago but she still felt the need to let me know what i missed :rolleyes:

• Members

Originally posted by rlee111

Sweet you lucky man
:D

I was 40 in march my wife bought me tickets to an elton john concert in las vegas plus 3 nights in some classy hotel (dream venue) but we stoped talking in feb and she let it go, only just started talking a couple of weeks ago but she still felt the need to let me know what i missed
:rolleyes:

how rude!! :eek::mad:

• Members

After playing it a while last night I discovered it is a fine playing instrument. Need to change the strings and adjust a few small things, but otherwise it is just fine. Action and intonation were spot on right out of the box. I was surprised to find it is made in Korea. I thought they made these in Taiwan. Only thing I don't care for is the tremolo bar has to be tightened in with an Allen wrench instead of threading in, but I guess I can live with that. All in all pretty good for $300. Now to get some EMG's in it.

I don't really understand why it is so hard to find these guitars. Yamaha makes some killer guitars, but you can't get them anywhere. I had to special order this one from GC and it took 2 weeks to get it.

• Members

What humbucker would you guys recommend for this guitar. Needs a little more umph. Thinking abour EMG 85/SA/SA but maybe just change out the humbucker for now. Has an alder body. Thought about a JB, but I hear JB and alder don't mix. Maybe a Duncan Custom. Maybe VC can tell me about that Hot Rod Vintage pickup he sells.

• Members

I tell you what matey Yamaha make {censored}in the best guitars in the world without a doubt you cant go wrong they are class always spot on and for $300 what a deal it looks so cool. I love your wife by the way mine goes out of her way to buy me stuff that I totally dont need even tho she knows im interested in other things like guitars, golf etc not a pick or a golf ball has she bought.:mad:

• Members

Ive noticed the upper end Pacificas have the knobs mounted to the body with the pickguard like yours. The lower end models have them on the pickguard.

Sometimes you can find a steal on the upper end models on e-bay because the model # isnt posted in the auction and no one wants to bid thinking its a cheper version.

but thats how you can tell ;)

Archived