which parker for metal?

Mongoloid

• Members

I have never played a parker before, but I love the look and features of them. I will probably try some out later this week. I am a little confused at the tonal differences between the models, price really isnt an issue, which one would work well with high gain, and maybe some baritone tunings? I need something with a big bottom.

thanks

• Members

parker for metal no no. The general idea in their guitars is versatility and nice tone. They are perfect for studio oriented players and those that play live for singers and pop music bands. I doubt any model right now would fit the bill but that is my opinion. I had a parker that I paid almost 2k for new. I sold it in a year as it didnt satisfy my needs. I dont play metal though but it certanly didnt do that very well either. The tone was too polite sounding. I would say you would probably need to replace pups in any current production model to fit the bill.

my 2 cents but I would like to hear others' opinion on this.

• Members

Originally posted by Mongoloid

I have never played a parker before, but I love the look and features of them. I will probably try some out later this week. I am a little confused at the tonal differences between the models, price really isnt an issue, which one would work well with high gain, and maybe some baritone tunings? I need something with a big bottom.

thanks

i got a nitefly mojo and love it.

a very versatile and fun guitar to play. but also a demanding instrument in a way, in that it is extremely responsive.

i have no metal experience so i can't comment on that with any authority. but parkers are very resonant, alive, guitars and might be more prone to feedback in high gain applications?

also i think they are optimized to be set up with 9's in standard tuning. mine does drop D nicely though.

i'm mainly a jazz guy and really dig the nitefly mojo.

peace

• Members

i have a fly deluxe, and trust me, it does metal just fine...I tested it against my friends jackson with EMG 81s through my ENGL savage and I thought the parker sounded better...and mine is one of the really old models with the pickups that nobody seems to like.

That said the deluxe is really bright and snappy, great for funky stuff. For metal I think the Classic or Mojo would sound better.

• Members

I use my parker fly deluxe for metal. Its a 2000 model and i run through my vetta 2 there isnt a genre of music I cant play exceptionally well with this combo. But if I were to do it over again I would get the mojo cause there is a bigger variety of pickups you can pu t in it. But if you're going to by used you can get a deluxe off ebay for $1000 the mojos are too new to get them super cheap.

Archived