Floyd Rose Redmond Series

Paul Buerk

• Members

I got a chance to noodle around a little bit on one of these today at GC, and I have to say I'm more than a little impressed. Felt good, sounded OK from what I could tell, and looks like it was put together pretty solidly. Even the pickguard was cool.

The Speedloader bridge looks like a decent design, although I didn't stop to price strings for the thing. That might be a hitch. The trem seems to work just fine, although I don't really use a trem that much myself. The one I was playing was a little over $1500, so not totally unreasonable - it's not like there are millions of these floating around out there.

If you've played one, whaddaya think?

• Members

the local musicians friend has a few of the "Discovery Series" guitars that have some little blems. They have i think 3 marked down to $199. i looked at them a few times thinking of my saw and that headstok :p

Could be a nice looking headless strat with a floyd! :D

Ive picked em up and looked at em and i dont see how the hell it works. I understand the fine tuners but how do you tune them to pitch before you use the fine tuner? Do you just dive bomb the tremolo and put the strings in? :confused: i dont understand how the hell it works.

• Members

I have played the Redmonds a few times. They are indeed nice guitars. I've thought about getting one if I could get a good deal on one, or maybe a discovery. They had a nice mix between "traditional strat" feel and super strat flexability. They were real nice. The string costs are a problem. I don't really want to pay that much cash for strings. The ease of set ups is nice though. Drop in a string and go. Nice... Just expensive.

• Members

I had one with a korina top.

I returned it a day or two after I bought it.

For some reason, I couldn't get the thing to stay in tune. It just wouldn't stay in tune. Drove me nuts because it did sound and feel good.

• Members

So how do the strings go in? how do you tun the major section? what i mean is when you put a string on a regular guitar or a floyd you have a major tun then once you get it close you use the fine tuners after that. How do you tune the string to pitch? do you use the fine tuners for the whole thing? do you dive bomb the tremolo so the tremolo is lose and they drop in or what?

• Members

I honestly have zero faith in the new "Speedloader FR Trem" staying in tune over a prolonged period. The strings are "pre-stretched" and simply snap into place. You can checkout a demo of how to load them at the FR site. Also the strings are pretty expensive themself and are not widely available. I think I'll stick to my OFR trems.

;)

Archived