Guitar Out Of Case Problems

M-1 Fan

• Members

After two months of being out of the case, sitting on a stand, my Les Paul Standard has developed a bad neck bow. I would guess that this is normal and after I adjust the neck it should be OK for a long time, right? I tend to believe that if I left it in the case, the case itself would have added some rigidity and support to keep the neck from bowing.

• Members

It could just be the change in seasons...depending on where you live.

I know that right now in WV we're in the middle of spring-time, which means that we are going from very low winter humidity and cold temperatures, to very high summer humidity and higher temperatures. This effects some guitars more than others. I have some that I have to adjust the truss rod about twice a year (Spring and Fall), and others that I haven't had to touch since I've owned them.

I wouldn't think the guitar sitting on the stand instead of in the case would cause any warpage unless it's sitting in direct sunlight or near a heat source.

• Members
Originally posted by M-1 Fan

After two months of being out of the case, sitting on a stand, my Les Paul Standard has developed a bad neck bow. I would guess that this is normal and after I adjust the neck it should be OK for a long time, right? I tend to believe that if I left it in the case, the case itself would have added some rigidity and support to keep the neck from bowing.

When you say BAD it's time to take it to a tech. It should not do this :(

Archived