Agile AS820 Prestige!

Shocker

• Members

Originally posted by Pepi

Price is going up. I think due to resale value I would have to pass and get a Epi or Ibanez.

The price didn't go up. This is a new model with many upgraded features. Seems like a pretty decent price for what you're getting.

As for resale value, you'd be suprised what some of these used Agiles sell for. :)

• Members

I'm really thinking about the AS820 /w P90's. Someday I'm going to get a really nice full hollow body. I've never been that into semi hollows (hence my being willing to cheap out with an Agile). Are the Prestige series that much better? Can you detail the differences for me?

Thanks,

Mike

• Members

At this price, the AS820 Prestige is going head-to-head with the Epiphone Dot ($399 minimum advertised price, but available for less from many dealers). The Epi isn't flamed maple; it has a rosewood fretboard rather than ebony and a plastic nut instead of graphite. But its pickups are alnico, its tuners are Grovers, and its shape is one that I (and I suspect many other possible buyers) find more attractive. And the "E" on the pickguard is easily removable. :D

• Members

Originally posted by jeffcoop

At this price, the AS820 Prestige is going head-to-head with the Epiphone Dot ($399 minimum advertised price, but available for less from many dealers). The Epi isn't flamed maple; it has a rosewood fretboard rather than ebony and a plastic nut instead of graphite. But its pickups are alnico, its tuners are Grovers, and its shape is one that I (and I suspect many other possible buyers) find more attractive. And the "E" on the pickguard is easily removable.
:D

Don't you have a Dot Deluxe or something? That's a sweet guitar.

Ebony vs rosewood is just taste and on that guitar, I'd prefer rosewood. I think I'd hunt down a used Dot, if I were looking for a semi-hollow.

• Members

I have an Elite Dot, which is another animal altogether (MIJ).

Seriously, though, the Dots can be excellent guitars. I had an older one for awhile, and while I ultimately sold it rather than upgrade the various things that needed upgrading, the newer models elminate the need for some of those upgrades--they have better pickups and better tuners, for example.

For $399, I'd rather have a Dot than an AS820 Prestige, and at $299, instead of a regular AS820, I'll take a Harm 1, thanks!

Archived