pulled the trigger

sufidancer

• Members

Well fellow guitar gurus,

It was bound to happen...I have had the itch for a new Ax for a month now.

I talked myself outta of several. But G.A.S. is incidious and relentless.

Yesterday on Ebay a Crazy Pink colored Ibanez RG760 1988 was in it's closing minutes.

I had been loggin on and off watching it all day. And now the anxiety was taking me over. "It will be mine...Oh yes...it will be mine." The little GAS demon in my mind whispered.

The bid was at 265.00 and there was 7 minutes left. I wolfed down my pork chop and plunked down in my computer room and hit the refresh button.

2minutes left...{censored}....do I dare? {censored} it..... I type in 305.00 and hit the bid button. And returned to my dinner.

Well I won it. What a freaken impulsive thing to do. :mad:

It is a nice lookin ax...but I have buyers remorse now. Anyone know anything about these old Ibanez shred plankes?

• Members

My first guitar was a dark gray RG760. I paid like $800 for it new with case. That was my first great guitar!

Love those shark-fin inlays and neck binding! I eventually put EMG's in it; sounded great.

I handed that guitar down to my brother for Christmas one year and still wish I hadn't!

• Members

I did the same thing on a SL2H tonight. Except my bid wasn't the highest. I had been watching this for a couple days. Signed on and check it out tonight and was said {censored} it I'll try to get it. I was mostly watching it to see how much it would sell for. But then I heard that familar little voice.

• Members

Originally posted by onewhiteduck

Just looked it up in completed auctions...that metallic pink color is sweet, totally 80s style, yet classy at the same time.

Thanks for all your replys,

I keep telling myself: self you really need a 80s shred guitar to round out your collection. I had this awful fear of going on Ebay and all the great shed fest ax's were suddenly priced out of my range. So I priced Ibanez Jems, and yep...no can do...to much for my wallet. So I settled for the next best thing. The little Guitar aquisition demon in my head is for the moment satisfied.

I can only hope this is my last guitar purchase.

;)

• Members

Originally posted by batotman

LOL i saw that and i thought.....nah....i'm not gay and i'm not CC Deville!
:D

Ahem....only men confident in they're masculinity can weld such a color.

And homophobic statements of denial, wisk away the facade and reveal latent homosexuality.:eek:

Archived