A high end Strat for the Doc...

docjeff

• Members

I made my decision for my 05 guitar, and it's gonna be a Strat I am kicking around a few options, and I thought I'd get your input. I spoke with the Fender regional rep last Saturday (he was in Fort Collins for a fundraiser at a local music store). He said that the new Am Deluxe Series Strat had a nitro finish...is this true?

Anyway, I have been considering these:

1. Eric Johnson Strat...seems like a really nice deal for the $$

2. '56 Time Machine Closet Classic...backordered until Fall at every place I've checked for the color that I want

3. Same as above but NOS

4. CW Fleming Masterbuilt 50th Anniv...nice, but is it worth the $3700 street price?

5. American Deluxe Series...is this much of an improvement over my American Series?

6. Tom Anderson

7. James Tyler

Any thoughts on these or others?

Thanks.

• Members

Originally posted by docjeff

6. Tom Anderson

7. James Tyler

Any thoughts on these or others?

Thanks.

the james tylers are really really nice guitars - they seem to have a bit of a cult following over here. I have tested out a couple (burning water, "psychadelic vomit" finish and studio series) and they're really welll made, well finished guitars. I'm not crazy about the headstock, but other than that they're realy nice. the value (at least here) tends to hold very very well on the used market. They've got some crazy finish options too, very unique guitars.

They sound very good - unlike the andersons, they have a bit of their own character to them, while retaining the stratishness. andersons sound and feel somewhat sterile to me. I've tried a few of them, and they're beautiful on the peg - I really want to like them.. When I pplug in, it just sounds clinical to my ear. no mojo for me.

Archived